Jon Housley FCMA CGMA
I have a real interest in how great systems can help benefit Digital SMEs’ business planning and reporting. Secondly, I really enjoy sharing my knowledge to help others, i.e. management mentoring. And thirdly, I am passionate about the new cloud-based technologies and how they can benefit Digital SMEs.
I have worked in SMEs for 25+ years, as either the Financial Controller or Director. But it was an earlier experience working in my father’s business (starting aged 12 in the summer holidays) that first lit my passion for helping help SMEs make the most of their accounts…
Where it all began
Does the following story sound familiar?
Because of poor financial systems, my father had no real idea how his business was doing, beyond his bank statements. Nine months after each year-end he handed over his books to his accountants and a while later he received his statutory set of financial accounts. Yes, they were in time for the statutory deadline; but they were absolutely worthless for monitoring and explaining his business’ performance. I saw first hand the frustrations this created.
I make sure HBA is focussed on four key concepts:
PLAN | MENTOR | IMPROVE | CONTROL
These four concepts are used in various blends to to add value to your SME Digital Technology business, so you understand and get the most out of your financial data in the quest for sustainable growth.
Experience and Qualifications
- Honours Degree in Business Studies from Nottingham Business School (Nottingham Trent University)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- CIMA Member in Practice certificate holder
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Controller and Director level financial management experience
- Digital, Creative and Technology sector experience as well as construction, pharmaceuticals, engineering, and luxury goods
- Worked in everything from start-ups to £45m turnover businesses, with sales in the UK/abroad
- B2C as well as B2B experience
The person behind the numbers
When I am not helping my clients, you can find me enjoying life to the full in the Derbyshire Dales. Maybe walking, or more likely mountain biking (on my venerable Orange P7) or motorcycling (Triumph all the way)…